Time for change

6.27.2005

Dear God?

My utter distaste for religious pursuits were confirmed once again today when I read this horrible story: http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/06/27/pakistani-raped050627.html

Honestly, what the crap is wrong with these people?
In June 2002, a council of elders ordered Mai to be gang-raped as punishment because her 12-year-old brother had allegedly been involved in an affair with a woman, offending members of her powerful clan.

I cannot begin to explain the anger I'm feeling right now. When are we going to stop asking for support and start demanding action? This is completely unacceptable.

Ladies, do me a favour. The next time you're harassed by some over-ambitious machismo, kindly take a pen out of your purse and imbed it in his abdomen. As he writhes on the ground, tell him to pass the lesson on to the rest of his like-minded friends.

It's time we stopped making excuses for the behaviour of others.
It's time we took the law into our own hands.

2 Comments:

  • Fuck that!! She's right stab those dipshits with a pen right in the dingdong!

    Seriously though, I'm with you. Religious nuts everywhere are getting out of hand. Read the post on my blog about the Fundy Wench at my work.

    horsecrack.blogspot

    By Blogger Horsey, at 4:32 p.m.  

  • I'm just frustrated with the crap that gets swept under the carpet of "acceptable behaviour" these days.
    I keep a ball-point pen on me just in case though... ;)

    By Blogger Amanda Wrind, at 8:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home